7 Good Writing Traits
1. IDEAS: Ideas make up the content of the piece of writing- the heart of the message.
2. ORGANIZATION: Organization is the internal structure of the piece, the thread of meaning, the logical pattern of the ideas."
3. VOICE: Voice is the soul of the piece. It's what notes the writer's personal style, as all his or her feelings and convictions come out through the words.
4. WORD CHOICE: Word Choice is the use of rich, colorful, precise language that moves and enlightens the reader.
5. SENTENCE FLUENCY: Sentence Fluency is the flow of the language, the sound of word patterns- the way the writing plays to the ear- not just to the eye.
6. CONVENTIONS: Conventions represent the piece's level of correctness- the extent to which the writer uses grammar and mechanics with precision.
7. PRESENTATION: Presentation zeros in on the form and layout- how pleasing the piece is to the eye.